As well as being a talented voice over artist, Angela Darcy is also an award winning singer and actor. Most notably, Angela performs as the late rock and blues singer Janis Joplin in the powerful biographical musical Janis Joplin: Full Tilt.
Her performance in this concert / play has won her an “Outstanding Performance in a Musical” Award at the Mercury Musical Theatre Network Awards in 2014 and a Herald Angel in 2015.
Janis Joplin: Full Tilt is often showing during the Edinburgh Festival and has toured at various theatres across the UK and in Europe.
Angela’s other recent theatre credits include:
- August: Osage County (Dundee Rep)
- Ring Road, Mack the Knife (Oran Mor)
- Where the Crow Flies (In Motion)
- Janis Joplin: Full Tilt (NTS/Regular Music)
- The Venetian Twins (Royal Lyceum)
- Whingeing Women (King’s Glasgow)
- City of the Blind (David Leddy/Fire Exit)
- Scarfed For Life (Citizen’s Theatre)
- Goldilocks (Platform)
- The 27 Club (BB Promotions/Forever 27 Productions)
- Mister Merlin (Tron Theatre)
- Autobahn (Theatre Jezebel)
- Sub Rosa (Fire Exit/Citizens’ Theatre)
- Cinderella (Byre Theatre/Random Accomplice)
- Slick (Vox Motus)
- Shopping For Shoes (Visible Fictions)
- A Very Cosy Christmas (Tron Theatre)
- The Incredible Swimming Choir (Starcatchers)
- The Tin Forest, Mary Queen of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off , Our Teacher’s A Troll (National Theatre Of Scotland)
Angela Darcy – Spotlight Profile